Boston University Metropolitan College
About Boston University Metropolitan College
Project Management Graduate Programs at Boston University’s Metropolitan College
Great project managers are always in demand. Learn the skills to thrive in this challenging and rewarding field—from one of the most accomplished teams in the business.
The programs in Project Management and IT Project Management at Boston University’s Metropolitan College (MET) attract high-achieving candidates from all over the world, representing major industries such as financial services, manufacturing, construction, information technology, business, life sciences, and health care.
At Metropolitan College, project management is a serious discipline with a rich legacy:
· Ours is one of the first programs of its kind to offer specializations both on campus and online.
· Experienced professors who are also skilled practitioners engage students in practical exercises, case studies, project simulations, and examination of theoretical and applied concepts, to help develop effective, customized project management skills.
· Our rigorous academic curriculum offers in-depth exploration of all the topics necessary for success—including agile project management, project communications, mega-project governance, IT strategy and management, information systems, software development, distributed projects and systems, project planning and control, project management life cycle, effective leadership and motivation, cost and risk management, and management of project quality and procurement.
· Students can obtain additional expertise with courses or certificates in health informatics, information security, enterprise risk management, and enterprise governance.
· The excellence of MET’s programs—from our faculty’s practice and research, to our curriculum and learning outcomes, to our support services for helping students meet their educational, professional, and personal goals—is validated though our accreditation by PMI® GAC and AACSB International.
Project Management Programs at Boston University
Metropolitan College pioneered project management as an academic discipline, with a rigorous curriculum designed and taught by some of the most accomplished individuals in the business. Graduates of our programs have the skills to move forward in a wide variety of project management-related careers. Programs include:
o Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM)
o Master of Science in Computer Information Systems (MSCIS)—Concentration in IT Project Management
o Graduate Certificate in Project Management
o Graduate Certificate in IT Project Management
To learn more about graduate programs in project management at Metropolitan College, visit us at bu.edu/pm or call 617-358-8132.
Create or Log in to MyShow Planner to add notes.
Create or Log in to MyShow Planner to add photos.